Chemistry students work with permanent technicians in the Upgrading or Extraction Laboratories where they perform routine analytical testing and other day-to-day assignments including:
- Routine, oil, water, solids analysis of oil sand samples.
- Core preparation and particle size analysis.
- Various routine refinery hydrocarbon analysis.
- Analysis of process and environmental waters.
- During the term, one or more special projects will also be assigned, in method development, instrument commissioning, or similar area.