Student work terms offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Strong mentorship in an exciting working environment
- 16 annual days off (ADOs) prorated from your first day of work to your end date.
- Free accommodation (note: taxable benefit)
- Free transportation from your educational institution
- Access to a wide variety of recreational activities including hiking, skiing, fishing, kayaking, camping, mountain biking, tennis, soccer, football and hockey
Syncrude will provide furnished accommodations for our summer discipline and co-op discipline students, provided your parents don’t already live in Fort McMurray. The student residences are walking distance from grocery stores, restaurants, exercise facilities, parks, trails and other amenities and landline telephone, cable and Internet charges are covered.
There are a limited number of family units available for our married students and we may be able to accommodate special requests such as having a specific roommate or a smoking room. In all cases, make sure to notify the Syncrude Accommodation Coordinator as soon as you get your offer package and no less than three weeks before your start date.
Syncrude-provided accommodation is a taxable benefit by Canada Revenue Agency and the appropriate dollar amount will be added to your biweekly pay for income tax calculation and will be included in your T4.