Traffic and Customs
The Traffic and Customs Specialists office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, except statutory holidays and eight designated ADO (Assigned Days Off) Fridays.
Functions performed by the Traffic Specialist include:
- Determining the best modes of transport to move overweight, over dimensional and foreign shipments
- Administering the Certified Carriers program (only certified carriers are allowed on site)
- Initiating and resolving loss and damage claims against carriers
Livingston International provides customs clearance on Syncrude’s behalf. Services they provide include:
- Handling all Syncrude customs clearances in compliance with Canada Customs and Revenue Agency regulations
- Verifying customs entry documents
- Instructing brokers on required changes and applying for rebates
Foreign Work Requests
VRV Global handles the coordinating, compiling and forwarding of foreign worker requests to appropriate Government Representatives on behalf of Syncrude.