People around the world know Fort McMurray, part of the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, for the oil sands, but the thousands of families who live in the area know it as home.
The vibrant community, about 440 kilometres northeast of Edmonton, boasts state-of-the-art recreational facilities, a thriving arts and culture scene, great parks and running paths and some of the best fishing you’ll find anywhere. There’s mountain biking in the summer, cross-country and downhill skiing in the winter plus loads of outdoor activities in between.
A Community for all Seasons
Fort McMurray boasts 400 hectares of parks as well as a scenic 130-kilometre trail system — one of the largest in Canada.
You’ll find a welcoming community for you and your whole family in Fort McMurray and the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo.
Visit the links below to learn more about our community:
- Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo
- Fort McMurray Tourism
- Fort McMurray Chamber of Commerce
- Fort McMurray Historical Society
- Fort McMurray Real Estate Board
- Oil Sands Discovery Centre
- Vista Ridge Recreation Area
- MacDonald Island Park
- Fort McMurray Public School District
- Fort McMurray Catholic School District
- Keyano College
- Keyano Theatre
- Fort McMurray Public Library
- Fort McMurray Golf Club
- Miskanaw Golf Club