Syncrude scholarship recipient Corie Flett is enjoying a successful legal career with a local firm in Fort McMurray.
We support a wide variety of programs and initiatives that help our employees and prospective employees get the education and training they need to succeed at Syncrude.
- Keyano College Haul Truck Operation Program: A 4-week program for entry level candidates with an opportunity to participate in a three-month work term.
- Keyano College Power Engineering Co-op Program: A two-year program with two six-month work terms to train entry-level candidates to third class Power Engineer qualifications.
- Keyano College Process Operator Co-op Program: Two-year program includes completing the fourth class Power Engineer certification and a Process Operations Certificate with two six-month work terms.
- Community Co-op Apprenticeship Program (coordinated by Careers: The Next Generation): Apprenticeship program for local residents that includes boilermaker, crane operator, electrician, sheet metal worker, machinist, instrumentation, millwright, pipefitter and welder.
- NAIT Industrial Heavy Equipment Technology Co-op Program.
- Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP): Two-year trade apprenticeship program for grade 11 and 12 students.
Administrative, Professional & Technical
Co-op / Discipline Program:
- About 60 universities and colleges across Canada in a variety of disciplines including engineering, technologies, computer science, and other administrative and professional disciplines.
General Summer Student Program
Summer employment program with administrative and general worker opportunities:
- Career Prep: Includes Grades 11 and 12 internships, as well as educator internship.
- Work Experience: Unpaid work experience opportunities for post-secondary students.
- Take Our Kids to Work Day: One-day job shadowing for Grade 9 students.