Syncrude scholarship recipient Corie Flett is enjoying a successful legal career with a local firm in Fort McMurray.
We support a wide variety of programs and initiatives that help our employees and prospective employees get the education and training they need to succeed at Syncrude.
- Keyano College Mine Operations Co-op Program: A 10-month program for entry level candidates that includes a three-month work term.
- Keyano College Power Engineering Co-op Program: A two-year program with two six-month work terms to train entry-level candidates to third class Power Engineer qualifications.
- Keyano College Process Operator Co-op Program: Two-year program includes completing the fourth class Power Engineer certification and a Process Operations Certificate with an eight-month work term.
- Community Co-op Apprenticeship Program: Apprenticeship program for local residents that includes boilermaker, crane operator, electrician, sheet metal worker, machinist, instrumentation, millwright, pipefitter and welder.
- NAIT Mechanical and Construction Trades Preparation Aboriginal Program
- Heavy Equipment Technician Co-op Program
- Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP): Two-year trade apprenticeship program for grade 11 and 12 students
Administrative, Professional & Technical
Co-op / Discipline Program:
- Non-Local: About 60 universities and colleges across Canada in a variety of disciplines including engineering, technologies, computer science, and other administrative and professional disciplines
- Local: Keyano College Co-op Program including programs in Accounting, General Business, Computer Information Systems, University Studies Engineering (first year), Engineering Technology, Environmental Technology, Nursing and Office Administration
General Summer Student Program
Summer employment program with administrative and general worker opportunities:
- Career Prep: Includes Grades 11 and 12 internships, as well as educator internship.
- Work Experience: Unpaid work experience opportunities for post-secondary students.
- Take Our Kids to Work Day: One-day job shadowing for Grade 9 students.